Experience Ice climbing with Vertically Inclined and Frontier Lodge in Nordegg!
This introduction to Ice Climbing starts in the gym where you will discuss basic techniques and challenge some routes with indoor dry tools. This will give you a base familiarity with ice climbing movement.
The rest of the program is on the Ice Wall at Frontier Lodge. Instruction is provided on ice climbing mechanics, technique and basic anchoring.
With Experience Ice! you get:
- 2 hour introduction in the gym (equipment included)
- Overnight accommodation at Frontier Lodge ahead of your climbing day
- A day on the Ice Wall
- All gear provided (you need to wear appropriate clothing)
- Breakfast & Lunch Provided
- Introduction at VIRG - Friday March 9th 7-9pm
- Ice Wall program at Frontier Lodge - Sunday March 11th 8am - 5pm
- Ages: Experience Ice! is an adult program.
- Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed a Belay Check at Vertically Inclined. For those who have not climbed before, the Getting Into It course will cover all of the rope work pre-requisites for this program. You can book the Getting Into It here